1. You check your clothes before you leave the house to see how much goo you happen to be covered in and whether it’s worth the effort to change.
2. You forget to check for you goo until three hours later when you realize you have smashed up graham cracker on your shirt and boogers smeared on your shoulder.
3. You close or open more doors with your feet then you do your hands.
4. You bring a thermos of coffee with you to pick up the kids from school so you don’t fall asleep in car rider line.
5. You have no idea what Pharrell Williams looks like but you know what color every Disney princess wears.
6. You’ve only heard of Pharrell Williams because your teenager was talking about him yesterday.
7. You know all the words to every silly song Larry the Cucumber ever sang.
8. Your family looks like a picture in a magazine other than you…. you haven’t brushed your hair in three days.
9. You based your outfit on how easily you could discreetly nurse a baby. Consequently you haven’t worn a non-button up dress in months. (Who am I kidding? If it wasn’t for work, you’d live in yoga pants or sweatpants or jammies.)
10. You have hot wheels and Cheerios in your purse or maybe even an extra pair of itty bitty toddler underpants.
11. You have super-human abilities to carry multiple items at once without dropping anything including the wiggly baby on your hip.
12. You realized sleep wasn’t really necessary after all. You haven’t had any in years.
13. A trip to the gym counts as alone time.
14. You forgot to eat on more than one occasion this week, but it’s okay because the baby shared his graham cracker with you (See #1)
15. You don’t shy away from challenges. You after all, can do the laundry, play ball, cook dinner, pay the bills and talk on the phone all at once. Most of all, you can untangle one of those plastic slinkys and THAT my friend is a thing of magic.
16. You know all about love and pour it out daily.
17. You know what it is to look on baby faces and little toes and feel completely overwhelmed with gratitude that you were chosen for this awesome adventure that is parenting.
18. You know what it is to feel like you can’t possibly do it all while realizing that what you do daily has lasting meaning. You do your best and hope and pray that God can make something beautiful out of it. And He does!
19. You are blessed! Psalm 127:3 “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward!” Proverbs 31:28 “Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her”
Smile Mom! You’re doing great!